Sierra Club Seattle supports Bringing Business Home
Here is a copy of the email we sent to Seattle City Council members earlier today backing this exciting pro-neighborhood bill:
I’m writing to express Sierra Club Seattle Group’s support for CB 120001, “Bringing Business Home.”
Small neighborhood business, including home-based businesses, are vital pieces in the creation of vibrant, walkable neighborhoods, which we work broadly to champion. Walkable and business-rich neighborhoods:
- Reduce driving
- Encourage socialization and community building
- Improve nearby health outcomes
- Keep money local
- Encourage entrepreneurship and create jobs
- Sustain businesses by providing a reliable customer base
- Create texture, richness, and interest
- And ensure our limited land space is being used to its fullest potential.
Thank you for your vote in support of this bill that has not only environmental but wide-ranging positive community impacts.
Brittney Bush Bollay
Chair, Sierra Club Seattle Group